Significant rate hikes and fee increases by Amazon’s fulfillment arm, Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), have left many e-commerce businesses frustrated and in search of a new fulfillment partner.
In case you missed it, Amazon recently announced the following:
- Beginning on January 18, 2022, FBA fulfillment fees are increasing 2 - 8% (depending on product type) and removal/disposal fees are increasing 100% (that is not a typo) in most categories.
- On February 1, monthly storage fees are increasing.
- On May 15, aged inventory will be hit with additional surcharge fees.
This isn’t the first time Amazon has implemented policies that inhibit the growth of e-commerce businesses. Questionable practices that have left Amazon etailers frustrated have included:
- Forcing top third-party sellers to disclose shipping and manufacturing contacts, appropriating those contacts for itself, and then competing with or simply imitating the third-party sellers’ best-selling items and steering search results to Amazon’s own listings.
- Controlling product pricing via a bot that monitors listing prices to make sure they fall within a particular price range.
- Downgrading the listings of sellers who offer their products for lower prices on other sites where they maintain similar listings.
- Suspending sellers’ accounts on the pretext that the goods on offer are inauthentic, seizing the stock of goods, and then selling those products itself or through other companies.
In all fairness, the relationship e-commerce businesses have with Amazon has its benefits, too. Because of Amazon’s dominance in the online retail world, selling products on its platform comes with the benefit of reaching a massive audience that some online shops might not be able to reach otherwise.
That being said, it’s important for e-commerce businesses to consider other options. As big as Amazon is, FBA is not the only game in town and outsourcing e-commerce fulfillment to a partner like GLF comes with a long list of business-boosting benefits that Amazon simply can’t compete with.
Outsourcing Fulfillment Saves Time and Money
Let’s look at how outsourcing fulfillment can save you valuable time and money:
- Lower costs per order.
- Faster order fulfillment and time-to-customer.
- Lower shipping costs (thanks to volume discounts with major carriers).
- Lower labor costs (50% of fulfillment costs are human labor).
- Reduce or eliminate costs associated with warehouse facilities.
- Eliminate costs associated with quickly scaling to meet seasonal or holiday demand.
GLF works proactively to continuously find the best solutions for your business. By taking the time to learn the ins and outs of your business up front, we are able to create custom solutions that save time, money and headaches so you can focus on what you do best: growing your business.
What to Expect from an Outsourced Fulfillment Partner
It might sound cliche to say this, but we genuinely believe our customers’ success is our success, and we take our responsibility as a fulfillment partner seriously. At GLF, we continuously strive to make your life easier in a variety of ways, starting with managing incoming orders to getting packages out the door quickly.
Fast and accurate fulfillment requires top-notch software. We will set up a custom integration to ensure consistent data flow between your order system and our fulfillment system. Once our systems are integrated, you’ll be able to track everything from orders to returns any time of day or night.
We handle every part of the e-commerce fulfillment process, starting with receiving. We accept and manage your inventory at our warehouse, place the products on shelves and enter them into your system.
Our extensive list of e-commerce fulfillment services includes:
- Pick and Pack
- Kitting and Assembly
- Returns Processing
- QA Inspections
- Product Refurbishing
- Insert Printing
- Customized Packaging
- Packaging Design
- Box Dimension Optimization
You’ll have access to inventory data 24/7 online, and we’ll even help you ensure you never run out of items. We can help you identify manufacturing turn times, and use projected and historical volume to determine minimum product inventory levels.
Competitive Shipping Rates
Thanks to our relationships with domestic carriers and our global distribution network, you’ll enjoy lower shipping rates and shorter delivery times because we send larger quantities of orders from multiple vendors at once.
This extends to your international clients, too. We can help you simplify the challenges of international shipments and find you a fast, cost-effective solution for international orders.
Excellent Customer Service
Our customers are not a number to us. Instead, our team takes pride in building relationships with each and every customer. We act as your proactive business partner and provide personal attention and custom solutions to each customer, no matter how big or small.
Experience the GLF Difference for E-Commerce Fulfillment
If you’re frustrated by Amazon FBA and want to work with an experienced e-commerce fulfillment partner that treats you like a partner and not a number, we’d love the opportunity to work with you. For more than 20 years, we have worked with e-commerce businesses to deliver reliable, efficient and customized fulfillment solutions. Learn about the GLF difference by contacting us today.